The Exum/Petzl Alpine Climbing Camp is designed to help you learn and perfect these skills. Join us this June and you will leave the camp a more skilled alpinst.
Specific skills we will
- How to move with more efficiency
- Anchor transitions
- Rappelling considerations; backups, pre-rigging, extensions
- How to protect yourself with the rope and terrain
- How to lighten up your kit with just the essentials
- Route planning
- Decision-making and problem-solving in the alpine
- Partner communication
- Efficiency techniques for ice ax, crampons, and ice screws
- Partner rescue. How to use auto belay devices for raising and lowering
- Updated information on equipment, techniques and new industry standards
- Rope management
The high-level 4-day camp will take place exclusively at Exum’s Hut at the Lower Saddle of the Grand Teton. We plan to spend all 4 days climbing in alpine terrain. Approach time will be minimal which will give the participant the maximum amount of “hands on” time with the guides.
- All participants must comfortably lead traditional single pitch 5.7-5.8 rock climbs.
- All participants must be competent at placing protection and building rock anchors.
- All participants must have snow climbing experience
- All participants must be very fit and able to move quickly in the mountains.